21 February 2014

What!

Me to Walsall Manor Outpatients: "Hello, I was told by Nuclear Imaging two weeks ago today that I would have an outpatients appointment within two weeks. Do you have an appointment booked for me please?"

Outpatients: "No there's no appointment for you but you are on the waiting list for your cardiac procedure."

Me: "What cardiac procedure?"

Outpatients: "Oh, haven't you been told?"

Me: "No, I thought that was the point of the outpatient appointment I was waiting for; to give me the results of my recent tests and to outline what would happen next."

Silly me for thinking that a consultant would actually communicate my test results to me face to face and then we would have an opportunity to discuss what those results meant. It's only my life after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment